For your safety and protection, we replace each waxing applicator every time it touches the skin. This ensures that a used applicator is never dipped into the fresh wax and there will be no cross contamination of bacteria or germs. Our sanitation practices and standards are second to none. If you want the best and most sanitary waxing service in downtown Washington, DC, book a waxing service at Patsy’s. Hard and soft waxes available.
HOME CARE AND POST-TREATMENT FOR WAXING
To ensure maximum comfort and benefit after your waxing treatment, it is important to follow the steps below at home:
• Avoid applying heat to the waxed area for 12 to 24 hours. This includes hot baths, sauna, and steam.
• Avoid suntanning for 12 to 24 hours. This includes any strong ultraviolet (UV) light exposure or tanning bed treatments.
• Avoid applying highly fragranced products to the waxed area. This includes, perfumes, scented body lotions, anti-perspirants, cosmetics, or feminine hygiene sprays. Only use professional products, recommended to you by the skin care therapist who performed the waxing service.
• Avoid using harsh abrasives or exfoliates in the waxed area. If you are prone to in-grown hairs, loofah mittens or exfoliant scrubs can be used once the hair has begn to grow back.
• Avoid applying high SPF sunblocks t the waxed area for 12 to 24 hours after the waxing service. Sunscreen chemicals can be irritating to the newly waxed skin. This includes self-tanning products and tan accelerators.
• Any pinking of the skin should disappear within 6 to 8 hours after the waxing treatment. Slight pinking is normal, and indicates that the hair was removed from the root, rather than superficially broken off, as in shaving. This is the reason that professional waxing lasts so much longer.
For best results, repeat your professional waxing every 4 to 6 weeks depending on the area and your hair growth rate. If you have any questions about our waxing service or after care at home, please do not hesitate to call us at (202) 466-2457.